Requesting a correction to the register

How to correct your society's details

If you've made a mistake in a document or in the details on the Incorporated Societies Register that you can't update yourself, you can apply to us to have it corrected.

How to request a correction

To submit a request online

To request a correction to the Incorporated Societies Register you must have:

  • a RealMe® login
  • an online services account with the Companies Office
  • authority to manage information on behalf of your incorporated society.

  1. Log in to your online services account.
  2. On the dashboard, select the incorporated society from 'My Businesses’.
  3. On the 'View Details' page, from the 'Maintain Incorporated Society' menu, choose 'Lodge Other Documents'.
  4. Select 'Request to Correct the Register' from the list of document types.
  5. Upload your request and click 'Submit'.
Log in and go to your online dashboard

To submit a request manually

Send your written request to us.

By post to

Companies Office
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142

or by email to

What happens next

We’ll review your request and, if approved, we’ll send you an email or letter to confirm when the correction has been made, or to advise why we are unable to process your request.

All help topics

Getting started on the register 6 guides

Find out about incorporated societies and the Incorporated Societies Register, and what's needed to register and maintain an incorporated society in New Zealand.

Searching the Incorporated Societies Register 2 guides

Find out how to search our registers for information about incorporated societies, and other business entities

Starting an incorporated society 5 guides

To incorporate a society in New Zealand you must submit an application, along with the required documents, and pay a registration fee.

Running your incorporated society 7 guides

Once you’ve registered, you’ll need to keep your details on the register up to date, and follow the rules that apply to incorporated societies and how they are run.

Ending an incorporated society 2 guides

When an incorporated society reaches the end of its 'life', it must be wound up and removed from the register. There are two ways this can be done – by dissolving the society, or having it liquidated.

Restoring an incorporated society to the register 2 guides

An application can be made to us to have an incorporated society restored to the register, by the society itself, or by a creditor. You'll need to provide evidence to support your application.

Forms and fees 3 guides

Forms you'll need to register your incorporated society and keep it up to date, along with a schedule of fees payable.