The details you’ll need to record and keep will depend on the size and structure of your society, and the activities it undertakes.
A register of members
The Incorporated Societies Act 1908 requires that every society keep a register of its members. For each member the register should record:
- their name
- their address
- the date they became a member.
The Registrar may ask you to provide a list of all your members, and for that list to be verified by an officer.
There are a number of documents and records you’ll need in order to complete your annual financial statements. These may include:
- a numbered receipt book and duplicate copy
- a bank deposit book
- all current and used cheque books
- all bank statements
- all invoice and payment authorisations
- a receipts and payments journal
- a petty cash payments book.