Restoring an incorporated society to the register
- Application by a society How to restore your incorporated society to the register.
- Application by a creditor How a creditor applies to restore an incorporated society to the register.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
Find out about incorporated societies and the Incorporated Societies Register, and what's needed to register and maintain an incorporated society in New Zealand.
Searching the Incorporated Societies Register
Find out how to search our registers for information about incorporated societies, and other business entities
Starting an incorporated society
To incorporate a society in New Zealand you must submit an application, along with the required documents, and pay a registration fee.
Running your incorporated society
Once you’ve registered, you’ll need to keep your details on the register up to date, and follow the rules that apply to incorporated societies and how they are run.
Keeping society details up to date
Once you've registered your incorporated society, you'll need to file annual financial statements and update other society details when they change.
- Confirming your authority to manage information
- Filing annual financial statements
- Updating your society's details on the register
- Changing your society's rules or name
- Updating names to include macrons
- Using our Constitution Builder tool
- Changing your AGM month and balance date
- Requesting a correction to the register
Ending an incorporated society
When an incorporated society reaches the end of its 'life', it must be wound up and removed from the register. There are two ways this can be done – by dissolving the society, or having it liquidated.
Forms and fees
Forms you'll need to register your incorporated society and keep it up to date, along with a schedule of fees payable.
Managing your online account
Your online services account allows you to update and manage personal and organisation account details from your online dashboard.