If an incorporated society has been dissolved, a creditor of the society can apply to have it restored to the register.
A creditor can apply online, following the steps below, or manually by completing the required forms and returning them to us in the post, or by email.
What you’ll need to provide
A creditor must supply:
- a formal request in writing that the society be restored (Form IS6)
- the restoration fee of $177.78 (plus GST).
To apply online to have a society restored to the register, you'll need:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office
How to apply online
A creditor applying online to have an incorporated society restored to the register must follow these steps.
- Log in to your online services account
- Search for the society you wish to restore and click on the society's name to view its details.
- On the 'View Details' page, from the ‘Maintain Society’ tab select ‘Lodge Other Document’.
- Select ‘Creditor Request to Restore’ and upload your written request outlining the grounds for restoring the society, and any supporting documentation.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Once we’ve received your application, we will be in contact to arrange the payment of the restoration fee of $177.78 (plus GST).Log in and request to restore a society online
How to apply manually
A creditor can submit a request manually by following these steps:
- Download Form IS6 – Request to restore an incorporated society to the register.
- Complete the form and attach any supporting documentation.
Send your completed form, documents and payment (see form for options) to us.
By post to —
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
or by email to email@example.com
What happens next?
- Applications are reviewed to ensure that all requirements have been met, all necessary documents have been submitted, and that the restoration fee has been paid.
- If the application is successful, the incorporated society will be immediately restored to the register. An application may take longer to process where we require further information.
- The applicant will be notified by letter.
- The Registrar will give public notice of all restored societies in the New Zealand Gazette and on our website.
Need more information
If you'd like to know more about restoring an incorporated society, read section 28 of the Incorporated Societies Act 1908.