Keeping society details up to date
- Confirming your authority to manage information What’s required to manage a society’s information on the register.
- Filing annual financial statements Filing annual financial statements for your society with the Registrar.
- Updating your society's details on the register How to update your incorporated society's address and officer details on the register.
- Changing your society's rules or name How to change your incorporated society's rules, or name.
- Updating names to include macrons You can use macrons in your society's name, names of officers and in street names.
- Using our Constitution Builder tool Our Constitution Builder is a ‘do-it-yourself’ online tool for drafting or revising your society’s rules.
- Changing your AGM month and balance date How an incorporated society changes its AGM month or balance date.
- Requesting a correction to the register How to request a correction to the Incorporated Societies Register.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
Find out about incorporated societies and the Incorporated Societies Register, and what's needed to register and maintain an incorporated society in New Zealand.
Searching the Incorporated Societies Register
Find out how to search our registers for information about incorporated societies, and other business entities
Starting an incorporated society
To incorporate a society in New Zealand you must submit an application, along with the required documents, and pay a registration fee.
Running your incorporated society
Once you’ve registered, you’ll need to keep your details on the register up to date, and follow the rules that apply to incorporated societies and how they are run.
Ending an incorporated society
When an incorporated society reaches the end of its 'life', it must be wound up and removed from the register. There are two ways this can be done – by dissolving the society, or having it liquidated.
Restoring an incorporated society to the register
An application can be made to us to have an incorporated society restored to the register, by the society itself, or by a creditor. You'll need to provide evidence to support your application.
Forms and fees
Forms you'll need to register your incorporated society and keep it up to date, along with a schedule of fees payable.
Managing your online account
Your online services account allows you to update and manage personal and organisation account details from your online dashboard.